Posted by TiredMomExpectingAgain on February 13, 2002 at 20:46:07:
Ok, I literally have no where else to turn. Tonight, my 2 year olds Dr. said, "I can't make her fall asleep, what do you want me to do?" I went online to a parents chat room, looking for help. They very rudely told me to "log off and go be a parent!" Here is my dilema....
In 8 weeks my husband and I are expecting our second child. 2 weeks ago, my daughter stopped sleeping through the night. We can't get her to go to bed on her own. She must fall asleep on our laps. When we try to lay her down, she wakes up screaming. She can't be left alone. On the off chance we get her into bed before she wakes up, without fail, 2 hours later she is up and screaming again. She is in a toddler bed and has been for 6 months. She won't stay in it now. All night long my husband and I try to calm her and get her to sleep. We have tried bedtime stories, night lights, tv in her room, literally tiring her out, warm milk, just sitting in the dark, sleeping in her room, letting her sleep in ours, everything and anything you can imagine. I am tired and at the end of my rope. I will have a new baby in 8 weeks or less and I don't know how I will care for them both running on no sleep. I'm sure there is much more that I wanted to say here but for the life of me I can't keep my eyes open anymore. Any and all advice is appreciated.
- Re: 2 year old sleep patterns are changing..HELP! Henry in NY 08:51 2/19/02 (1)
- Re: Re: 2 year old sleep patterns are changing..HELP! TiredMomExpectingAgain 20:15 2/19/02 (0)
- Re: 2 year old sleep patterns are changing..HELP! spot 13:33 2/14/02 (4)
- Re: Re: 2 year old sleep patterns are changing..HELP! monica 08:05 2/19/02 (0)
- Re: Re: 2 year old sleep patterns are changing..HELP! TiredMomExpectingAgain 10:42 2/17/02 (2)
- Re: Re: Re: 2 year old sleep patterns are changing..HELP! Marie 17:20 2/17/02 (1)
- Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 year old sleep patterns are changing..HELP! TiredMomExpectingAgain 18:05 2/17/02 (0)
Copyright ©1995-2005 Sleepnet.com., All rights reserved