Posted by Jay on May 01, 2003 at 03:36:46:
Anybody know anything about mixing a low dose of Amitriptyline & Melatonin (25mg and 1mg respectively)?
I have been taking Amitriptyline for sleep now for 3 months and it works 'ok' i.e. I sleep but not without waking up many times during the night. Overall, I would say I'm doing ok sleepwise, but there is room for improvement.
All that is said about mixing the two meds is: "May cause excess drowsiness" (now that may be a good thing, eh). In looking at the packages, there is no warnng of taking these two together - there would be I guess if it was relevant (?).
Just wondering if anyone had any experiences...
Btw, I am doing everything non-medicine wise to aid me sleep: excercising, eating well, sticking to sleep routines and times, identifying stress-factors, etc. Sleep just doesn't seem to come naturally for me.
cheers & hope people are finding sleep,
- Re: Amitriptyline & Melatonin? Anne 14:23 5/01/03 (4)
- Re: Amitriptyline & Melatonin? nosleepforme 05:29 5/01/03 (0)
- Re: Amitriptyline & Melatonin? DJmaux 05:08 5/01/03 (8)
- Re: Amitriptyline & Melatonin? A-B 09:40 5/02/03 (0)
- Re: Amitriptyline & Melatonin? Anne 14:20 5/01/03 (3)
- Re: Amitriptyline & Melatonin? otis 11:21 5/01/03 (0)
- Re: Amitriptyline & Melatonin? Night Owl 10:28 5/01/03 (0)
- Re: Amitriptyline & Melatonin? Jay 07:31 5/01/03 (0)
Copyright ©1995-2005 Sleepnet.com., All rights reserved