Sleepnet's Home Information on Sleep DisordersSleep LinksSleep Forums entranceThe Snooze Paper

Sandman's Sleep Mall

Sleepnet.com's

Sleep Forum Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

Here is a brief explanation of some of the questions you may have about the Forum. If you have questions which you think will help email sandman. No offensive language on the forums please. Read Terms of Use before making a posting. Click on question to go to answer.

How does the forum work?

On the main forum page clicking on Post Message sends you to a form to enter information. After information is entered press the post message button once. While viewing a message you may post a follow up response. When you are ready to post (filled in all necessary info) scroll to the bottom of the page and press the Submit Follow-up button once. Your message will then be posted. Please only press the buttons once. It may take a little time to post the message depending on how many people are trying to post at the same time. Remember to click Reload or Refresh in order to see you posting.

Do I have to include my email address?

Yes. This board is set up so that you will receive automatic notification when someone responds to your message. However if you do not want to give out your email address use somebody@sleepnet.com, however you will not receive notification of a response to your posting.

Why didn't my post show up?

Your post most likely did not show up because your browser did not reload the page, it simply pulled it out of cache. Press reload or refresh on your browser and it should then appear.

Why do I receive the message No Name when I try to do a search?

In order to do a search you must enter the word or phrase and then click the search button. If you hit your enter key on your keyboard you will confuse the system and get the No Name page.

I receive the message that I can't post because I am in an Archived forum?

Some forums fill up fast. A limit of 1000 postings has been set to not make downloading the forum page too long. Therefore forums are archived for viewing purposes only. To post a new message you need to go to the the forums entrance page and choose public forums or if you are a health care professional you may want to check the professional forums. Once at the sleep disorder forum of your choice, choose the most recent forum (largest number) and go there to post a message or to view most recent postings.

Copyright ©1995-2000 Sleepnet.com., All rights reserved